We may not know how to fully explain it or adequately express it, but we all know what love is when we receive it.
Our thoughts and beliefs about love are as individual as we are – and as you will see in the quiz below, often reflect our life experiences.
Quiz – Who said it? (Answers are at the end of this blog.)
- “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it.”
- “Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.”
- “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.”
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure…don’t deserve me at my best.”
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.”
- “Love is a promise; love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.”
- “A simple ‘I love you’ means more than money.”
- “I like to believe that love is a reciprocal thing, that it can’t really be felt, truly, by one.”
- “When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.”
- “A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.”
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”
- “Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.”
- “…love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to give all the wealth of one’s house for love, it would be utterly scorned.”
- Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
What would your love statement look like? What would it reveal about you, your perception of love, experiences with love and expectations of love?
- Tom Hanks, Sleepless in Seattle
- Miss Piggy
- Oprah Winfrey
- Marilyn Monroe
- Bette Davis
- John Lennon
- Frank Sinatra
- Sean Penn
- Dennis Quaid
- Marilyn Monroe
- Julia Roberts
- Sylvester Stallone
- The Woman, Song of Solomon 8:6,7 NIV
- Jesus, John 15:13 NIV