When did June stop having 31 days?
Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November…
All the rest have thirty-one, except February alone, which has 28 in fine – and each leap year, 29.
I cannot believe today is July 1. Where has the first half of the year gone?? I stand at the calendar and stare in disbelief.
Half gone – the year is half gone!
The next 6 months will pass in a blur as Summer gives way to Autumn and Autumn falls headlong into Winter.
July 4th, First Day of School, Labor Day, birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve lie before us – they, and their prep time, will engage the remainder of the year and plunge us into a whirlwind of activity that will lead me to ask on January 1, “Where did the past 6 months go?”
“So what?” you say. And, that’s a fair question.
This is what:
- So, what difference have the last 6 months made?
- What difference have I made in the last 6 months?
- Have I been the best “me” I could have been?
- Have I been as faithful to the task as I should have been?
- Have I accomplished all I needed to?
- Have I been open to change that would introduce better opportunities and growth?
- Is it enough to be busy, or should I look for productivity instead?
- What do I need to change TODAY to set the next six months in the right direction?
- What do I need to change about ME in order to be who/where I want to be on Jan 1, 2014?
- So, what am I going to do right now that will turn me in the direction I need to face to embrace the next 6 months?
So, what about you?